Sunday, June 20, 2010

Teenage Terrors!

I don't know why I expect teenagers to have been educated on tipping. I guess I still have some childish faith that parents actually educate their children in the way of the world and how it works. Then I remember that the parents are just as dumb in worldly ways. Weekends at the mall are when teenagers abound. Not only in pairs, but in packs. They are like wolves. Horny wolves.

The girls walk around with shorts so far up their butts, that there is no secret as to what is under the denim. If you think that's bad, the boys walk around with their butts literally hanging out of their pants and think that it makes them look cool. Seriously? Haven't any of them seen "Clueless"? Even Cher thought it was tacky. She was a fashion Diva! Not to forget, that movie is over ten years old. If that style was outdated in the movie, what makes anyone think it is fashionable now. As if it ever was to begin with. I shake my head in bewilderment.

So every day and every shift, horny teenagers, trying to impress each other, come into my restaurant. Boys look at the girls and say, "Order what you want." Girls giggle and say, "I'm really not that hungry." Then they order no less then $30.00 worth of food. Receive the bill and freak. Then they pay it with Mommy and Daddy's credit card, steal my pen and run out the damn door. One of these days I am going to snap. I just know it. I am going to think, "Screw this job." Quit and chase the miserable brats out the door. I know I will. I am getting older and my patience is growing thinner. I am beginning to comprehend why old people are bitchy. They are tired of the stupidity too.

I was complaining about how teenagers don't tip to my brother. His daughter, aka my niece was sitting their listening. She said, "Wow. I am going to make sure my friends tip from now on. We never did before." I about died. For Pete's sake, her father is the General Manager of a restaurant. SHE should have always known better. I almost smacked her father. Really I did.

Apparently I have morons in my family and the mall. Go figure.

No comments: